Tuesday, June 1, 2010

LOST



Today we found out that one of our students took his life over the weekend. It's sad, confusing and frustrating all at the same time. I didn't personally know who he was, but it's the second student in the last 4 years who has taken their life. Many of the students didn't know today, but word was traveling by the end of the day and tomorrow will most likely be harder for them than today was.

One student and I were discussing why suicide and what it means.

She said something I thought was very meaningful and thoughtful, after voicing that she didn't understand how someone could get to that point without reaching out. I told her that by that point some people don't want help. She said, "Well, we aren't supposed to decide when we go."

I agree. I can only pray that he can find some sort of peace whereever he is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment